Registration for this Webinar is Now Closed - A Replay of this Webinar will be posted in the Events Archive.
In the hospital, there are constant needs for staff education. With our hospital growing at a rapid rate, “MEDITECH Education” can mean something different for each job type and clinical area. Having a standard education for basic orientation to the system just did not work anymore.
Utilizing screen-recording technology, we implemented a self-paced learning style that we use for not only new hire orientation but for new project implementations such as our recent smart pump integration project.
This presentation will discuss:
- Issues with large classroom style learning
- How we incorporated documentation of quality measures into orientation to improve documentation
- Using available resources
- Creation of self-directed learning modules to facilitate different learning types and accommodate all speeds of learners
- Describe three issues with large classroom style learning
- Discuss how to incorporate quality measure documentation into new hire orientation education
- Understand the meaning of self-directed learning to accommodate different disciplines and learning styles
Amy Speanburg MS, RN, started her nursing career working in medical/surgical/orthopedic nursing. When she began her career at Saratoga Hospital in 2008, she was asked to be part of the team to implement Nursing Documentation. Since then, Amy has advanced to Clinical Informatics Specialist and has worked on and implemented many projects such as ICU documentation, CPOE, ORM, Physical Therapy, Respiratory Therapy, Smart Pump EHR Integration, and more. CE Credit
MUSE International is accredited as a provider of continuing nursing education by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s Commission on Accreditation.