MEDITECH Session 1
Healthcare organizations are turning to virtual care — including virtual visits — for support in the screening, early detection, and management of patients who may be infected with COVID-19. Virtual care also helps to reduce the volume of patients arriving unexpectedly in the ED or physicians’ offices, where they risk infecting other patients and staff. Virtual visits offer convenient, remote interaction with patients to help mitigate the spread of COVID-19.
To help combat the COVID-19 pandemic, MEDITECH has offered all customers who have installed the Expanse Ambulatory and Patient Portal solutions a complimentary deployment of scheduled Virtual Visits software capabilities free of charge for a six-month period. This webinar focuses on how the scheduled Virtual Visits solution:
- Mitigates exposure to, and helps to limit the spread of, COVID-19 to patients and staff, while identifying patients who need care.
- Reduces the volume of patients arriving unexpectedly at EDs and physician practices.
- Addresses the strain on healthcare organizations and speeds response time.
- Enables providers to conduct routine appointments remotely, to keep patients safer.
- Is being deployed by our rapid response team.
Also, we’ll take a look at other functionality in the Patient and Consumer Health Portal that supports virtual care, including:
- Questionnaires for pre-visit screenings and community surveillance.
- Secure messaging (e-visits).
- Portal mass emails and announcements that encourage patients to use virtual visits and e-visits.
* Features require 6.15 and Expanse Ambulatory, and Patient and Consumer Health Portal Presenter
Missy Moquin, Senior Manager in MEDITECH Client Services Division#COVID-19Topics