MUSE Champion Program – Social Media Policy
This policy has been developed to give guidance to the MUSE Champion Program. Champions are selected because they are active on social media platforms and already have a strong presence. This policy will outline expectations for Champions as they engage on social media in this new role and are now associated with MUSE.
The term “social media” refers broadly to any online media which allows for user participation, engagement, and publishing. Commonly used social media platforms include but are not limited to Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, YouTube, forums, and discussion boards including the MUSE Open Forum.
Champions should expect that any information that is shared online instantly becomes permanent and public. You must ensure that your endorsement or promotion is true and that it represents “typical results.”
Champions are prohibited from engaging in any of the following in their online activities and posts:
- Disparaging MUSE’s members or other business partners or their products or services.
- Disparaging the services or products of MUSE.
- Making any false or misleading statements regarding MUSE.
- Promoting or advertising a commercial product or soliciting business or membership to other organizations.
- Directing any negative comment towards or about any individual or group based on race, religion, gender, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship, or other characteristic protected by law.
Social media changes rapidly and there will likely be events or issues that are not addressed in this policy. If at any time, you are uncertain about the application of this policy or if a question relating to the appropriate use of social media arises that is not fully addressed by this policy, you should seek the guidance of the MUSE CEO before posting or otherwise engaging online.
Any Champion who does not follow this policy will be removed from the Champion Program.
- Be sure you are following or have liked the official MUSE pages on LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter (X).
- Share, comment on, tag others in comments and like any and all of MUSE’s social media content. While we welcome all engagement on our posts, we will also share specific posts for you to help leverage.
- Maintain your profiles proactively. Use a current profile picture that looks like you and be sure your bio represents who you are. Your online profiles are often the first impression someone has of you.
- Be honest and transparent about who you are. Whenever relevant, disclose that you are a MUSE Champion.